I. Financial Assistance
- Contact the Business Office to schedule a financial assistance appointment to access for charity care.
- Insurance Coverage Determination:
– If insurance coverage is available:
- Business Office will verify patient benefits.
- Business Office will advise patient how to contact their plan and obtain estimated patient responsibility.
- See Item Ill for patient responsibility payment plan.
-If there is no insurance coverage available:
- Complete a financial assessment form with the Business Office.
- If patient qualifies for charity care:
- See Item IV for Charity Care Policy.
- If patient does not qualify for charity care:
- Business Office will advise of full patient responsibility.
- See Item III for payment plan.
II. Application Process
All applicability of allowable financial arrangements are based on a standardized financial assessment form to be completed by the patient with assistance from the Business Office.
- Contact the Business Office to arrange a financial assessment.
- The Business Office will evaluate and provide options based on information obtained during the financial assessment.
III. Payment Plans
Payment options exist for patients’ financial responsibility that may be negotiated based on the financial assessment form.
- If insured, upon request, deductible, co-pays, and co-insurance payment plans can be discussed, as applicable, based on the outcome of your financial assessment.
- If uninsured, and does not qualify for charity care, payment plan options can be offered. This option provides flexibility and affordability to pay the costs of your hospital visit.
IV. Charity Care Policy
When an uninsured patient falls below certain income levels, which is identified through the financial assessment done by our billing department on case-to-case basis, services provided are considered under our charity care and recorded as such. No charges will be billed to the patient.
- A financial assessment must be completed with the Business Office.
- The Business Office will advise the patient if charity care criteria have been met.
- There are no standard discounts. Individual payment plans may include cost reductions.
VI. Collections Procedure
Payments can be made through various tender methods. Due dates are discussed during payment plan arrangements. Delinquent accounts will be reviewed for potential placement with a third-party agency.
Services may be provided in the hospital by the facility as well as by other health care providers who may separately bill the patient.
Health care providers that provide services in the hospital may not participate with the same health care plans as the hospital. Prospective patients should contact their health care plan to determine if the health care provider participates in their insurance plan.
You or your insurance carrier may receive a separate bill in addition to the hospital’s bill for any of the following services you may receive while at the hospital: your attending physician (including your attending psychiatrist), consults or second opinions ordered by your attending physician, diagnostic services, and ambulance services.
The patient responsibility will depend on the coverage your insurance plan provides, and your specific status (for example, whether you have met your deductible limit).
The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and actual costs will be based on services provided to the patient.
Estimated Charges are available upon request.
To request an individualized estimate of charges or an itemized copy of your bill please call 305-558-9700 and request to speak to the Business Office Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Patients and prospective patients have a right to request a personalized estimate.
This is the link to the AHCA pricing website. https://pricing.floridahealthfinder.gov